Education is often cited as one of the leading “needs” in order for investment advisors to more fully embrace liquid alternatives, and put them to use in their clients’ portfolios. The good news is that opportunities to learn more about these products, and how to evaluate and use them, continue to proliferate. One of these opportunities is taking place later this month in Las Vegas, and is hosed by Context Summits, a firm with deep experience in managing some of the most well attended hedge fund due diligence conferences.
“Context Summits is proud to pioneer a new type of forum for RIAs, investors, and fund managers in the alternative asset management space,” said Mark Salaemeh, CEO of Context Summits, in a statement announcing the conference. “Through helpful face-to-face meetings with respected portfolio managers and insightful content from speakers who are experts on liquid alternatives and other alternative investment products, RIAs can gain the education and perspective they need to harness liquid alternatives for their clients.”
In addition to the prescheduled, 30-minute meetings between RIAs and portfolio managers, the conference will also feature panel discussions on the following topics:
- How to determine the correct allocation of liquid alternatives within a client’s portfolio
- The role of liquid alts an endowment style portfolio
- The regulatory outlook for liquid alternatives
- The top due-diligence questions RIAs need to ask liquid alternative portfolio managers
Leading Speaking Faculty
The conference’s keynote speakers are W. Scott Burns, Global Director of Manager Research at Morningstar; and Brett Condron, Managing Director and Global Head of the Individual Investor Solutions Group at Blackstone Alternative Asset Management (BAAM). Mr. Burns is responsible for Morningstar’s coverage of managed products, and Mr. Condron oversees strategic product and business strategy for BAAM’s RIA and family office solutions.
Other speakers include:
- Jason Gerlach, CEO and Managing Partner of Sunrise Capital Partners, which launched a multi-strategy ETF earlier this year;
- Helen Doody, CEO of Abbey Capital and advisor to the Abbey Capital Futures Strategy Fund (ABYIX), a multi-manager fund pursuing a diversified mix of managed-futures strategies, launched on July 1; and
- James St. Aubin, Managing Director of Wilshire Associates, an institutional investment consultant that provides research and indices for liquid alternative investments.
RIAs, investors, and portfolio managers need to “fully understand” liquid alternatives, according to keynote speaker Brett Condron. “The Context Summits Liquid Alternatives 2014 event will serve as a platform to help these constituencies both gain expertise and build productive and meaningful relationships to effectively navigate the liquid alternatives landscape,” Condron said.
The conference will be held at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas from October 14 – 16. DailyAlts is proud to be a media partner with Context Summits for this conference. For more, including the agenda and registration information, visit liquidalternatives.contextsummits.com.