Alternative Investment Fund Launches and Updates – September 3, 2019
Investment fund launches for September 3, 2019.
- First up, venture capital firm Golden Gate Ventures has filed to launch a $200 million fund in partnership with South Korea’s Hanwha Asset Management. The Singapore-based VC fund also said it will focus on Series B startups in the Southeast Asian region.
- Next, Hosen Capital is seeking $750 million for its fourth China fund. The food-and-agricultural specialist has ramped up funding as it taps into the booming food and agribusiness sector in the Asia-Pacific region. It’s worth noting that the firm closed a previous vehicle in March 2017 at $440 million. That figure exceeded the amount of money it wanted to raise by 10%. However, this new fund appears to be smaller than the previous fund’s goals. Bloomberg also reported in April that the firm sought $1 billion to invest in companies based in Japan, South Korea, and Taiwan.
- According to PitchBook, Counterpart Ventures wants to raise $100 million for its Fund II. According to an SEC filing, the San Francisco-based firm has been around since 2018. It has focused its attention on tech firms that specialize in areas like mobile software, marketplace firms, and automation/workflow software.
- Next up is L Catterton. The firm is seeking $4 billion to launch its ninth fund, according to an SEC filing. The filing came in right before the Friday Form D deadline. Fund IX would become the private equity giant’s largest flagship fund. The fund’s last flagship closed in 2016 At $2.75 billion. Fund VII raised $1.68 billion in 2013. The company has been busy in 2019. It announced plans to buy Del Frisco’s Restaurant Group in June for $650 million. It also sold Punch Bowl Social in July to Cracker Barrel Old Country Store.
- And finally, BlackRock plans to launch a $300 million real estate fund. This one is the asset-managers fifth Asia-focused fund. DealStreetAsia says that the fund could potentially rival the size of its Fund IV, which closed at $500 million in November 2017. Meanwhile, the news comes a few days after Greg Lapham announced his resignation as the head of the company’s APAC group.
For more updates on fund launches and investment positions, bookmark DailyAlts.com.
Latest Alternative Investment News
The UAE is a Flag-bearer for Blockchain Technology Deployment. A joint white paper has been issued by the World Economic Forum and the United Arab Emirates’ Centre For The Fourth…
The Bitwise / ETF Trends 2020 Benchmark Survey of Financial Advisor Attitudes Toward Cryptoassets gives useful insight into what advisors are thinking about Bitcoin and cryptos going into 2020. ETFs…
Current Best Buy CEO Corie Barry allegedly had a romantic relationship with a male colleague before taking charge as CEO in June 2019. Best Buy’s board is investigating the charge,…
Carbon emissions dominated the headlines this week. The European Commission has announced an ambitious plan to shift toward a green economy and make the EU carbon-neutral in the year ahead….