Alternative Investment Fund Launches and Updates – September 5, 2019
Investment fund launches and updates for September 5, 2019.
- Atlantic Street Capital said announced it closed its latest fund with a hard cap of $500 million. That figure tops its previous fund — Atlantic Street Capital IV LP — at $450 million.
- Private equity firm Innova Capital announced it had closed its Innova VI fund at EUR 271 million. The company said that more than 60% of the capital came from previous investors. The fund will target medium-sized firms with enterprise values between EUR 50 million and EUR 150 million.
- Sir Richard Branson is standing behind a $50 million crypto company. The fund – also backed by Google – plans to invest that money in digital startups.
- That’s not the only crypto fund in the works. Blockchain, based in London, is exploring the idea of launching a venture capital fund. Sam Harrison, who came over to the firm from Naspers Ventures in 2018, is leading the effort to invest in wants to invest in equity stakes and crypto coins.
Liquid Alt Fund Launches
- Dynamic Funds, an alternatives manager in Toronto, is looking to launch its fourth liquid alts fund. The firm has called it the Dynamic Credit Absolute Return II Fund, which will invest in North American credit securities.
For more updates on fund launches and investment positions, bookmark DailyAlts.com.
Read yesterday’s fund launches, right here.
Latest Alternative Investment News
Lloyds Banking Group (LON: LLOY), Britain’s biggest mortgage provider, will acquire a minority stake in loyalty app Bink, according to a report by Sky News for an undisclosed amount that…
An iconic property in Bel Air, Los Angeles, designed by internationally acclaimed English architect John Pawson changed hands last month for $133 million and the buyer was Coinbase (NASDAQ: COIN)…
VegTech Invest advisory has launched the VegTech Plant-based Innovation & Climate ETF (Ticker: EATV), its first financial product. The ETF offers exposure to publicly traded companies actively innovating with plants…
Chinese AI company Parametrix.ai has raised $100 million in a Series B round led by Sequoia China and joined by existing investors 5Y Capital and Gaorong Capital. Though the valuation…