Alternative Investments/ESG: BMO Global Launches China A-Shares Fund
June Lui will manage the BMO LGM Responsible China A-Shares Equity fund.
BMO Global Asset Management has expanded its range of 14 Responsible Investment products with the launch last week of the BMO LGM Responsible China A-Shares Equity fund. The ESG-oriented fund will invest in the top Chinese stocks that feature strong corporate governance and management of social and environmental issues. (City Wire Selector)
BMO LGM Responsible China A-Shares Equity fund
The features of the new fund from BMO GAM are:
- Opportunity for foreigners to invest in the large, diverse pool of domestic Chinese companies
- Companies that will benefit from the secular Chinese mega-trends of urbanization, income growth and technology advancement
- Companies capitalizing on global shifts as applicable to emerging markets. Sectors: health and wellbeing; food and nutrition; energy transition; responsible finance; sustainable infrastructure; and technological innovation
- Further, the investment rationale rests on the three responsible pillars of lower risks from ESG; attention to sustainability; and engagement and voting on ESG issues.
- Active, fundamental management by BMO’s emerging market equity specialist team LGM Investments
- The team will be led by Hong-Kong based June Lui – who already runs BMO’s Greater China Strategies fund
- The fund is available in USD and EUR versions.
- The share class F USD accumulating will be available for investors based in the UK, Belgium, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, and Switzerland
- The share class F EUR accumulating, which can be purchased in the UK, Belgium, France, Germany, Ireland, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Spain, and Switzerland
- Annual management charges of 0.40%
Onshore China market
‘We are excited by the potential of the onshore China equity market and are delighted to be among the first to launch a Responsible fund in this area,” said BMO’s June Lui.
“As China continues to transform and develop, we see increased opportunities for long-term investors,” she added. “In recognizing the governance issues in the onshore market, these can be addressed by ensuring ESG factors are a focal point in the decision-making process.”
Latest Alternative Investment News
According to an exclusive report today by Reuters, Robinhood Markets Inc. the trading app so popular with millennials, raised $660 million in its latest Series G funding round. Robinhood previously…
Korean media outfit, Herald reported Tuesday that Bithumb, the country’s biggest cryptocurrency exchange with more than 50% market share and 4.77 million members, is up for sale. The Herald quoted…
Triterras Fintech launched its Kratos blockchain-enabled, end-to-end global trade and trade finance platform in June 2019 with the Trade Discovery module. In February 2020, Triterras added the Trade Finance module…
Enmotus Inc. focuses on innovations in PC storage using its patented Artificial Intelligent algorithms. It announced Tuesday the launch of FuzeDrive, the first-ever AI-powered Solid State Drive (SSD). FuzeDrive blends…