Alternative Investments/Real Estate: HOMZ ETF Issuer To Ring NYSE Closing Bell To Mark Fee Cut
Hoya Capital Housing ETF (HOMZ) cuts its expense ratio from 0.45% to 0.30%.
The Hoya Capital Housing ETF (NYSE: HOMZ) announced Wednesday a cut in its expense ratio from 0.45% to 0.30%, effective from August 1, 2020. It claimed that it has the distinction of being the lowest-cost ETF in FactSet’s Equity (U.S. Homebuilding segment). (Stockhouse.com)
HOMZ to ring NYSE closing bell on Thursday, August 6, 2020
In a celebration of the fee cut and the ETF’s robust performance since its launch in March 2019, Hoya Capital, the issuer of HOMZ, will ring the closing bell of the NYSE on Thursday.
“As Americans are spending more time than ever in their homes, it has become clear that housing is perhaps the ultimate ‘essential service,’ said Alex Pettee, CFA, President and Director of Research at Hoya Capital. “The U.S. housing industry’s resilient strength has been powered by the long-term tailwinds of favorable millennial-led demographic trends, historically low housing supply, near-record low mortgage rates, and the early signs of a post-pandemic suburban revival.”
Hoya Capital Housing ETF (NYSE: HOMZ)
Here are the salient features of the HOMZ ETF:
- Awarded the Most Successful & Innovative ETF Launch of 2019 by ETF Express
- Named one of five finalists for the 2019 ETF.com Awards for Best New U.S. Equity ETF and Most Innovative New ETF
- Hoya Capital was a finalist for New ETF Issuer of the Year
- Offers diversified exposure across the entire U.S. housing sector, ignoring traditional classification lines
- Tracks the Hoya Capital Housing 100 Index
- The index comprises 100 companies designed to be the new benchmark for residential real estate
- The ETF is listed on the NYSE
- Future distributions may be made monthly
- Issuer Hoya Capital is a widely-read and cited publisher of real estate commentary and research.
Performance – COVID
After plunging to a low of $15.54 as a result of the pandemic, HOMZ is now trading at $28.22. It is within hand-shaking distance of the pre-COVID level of $30.56.
Related Story: Outlook On Real Estate ETFs; Is The Worst Over?
Latest Alternative Investment News
According to an exclusive report today by Reuters, Robinhood Markets Inc. the trading app so popular with millennials, raised $660 million in its latest Series G funding round. Robinhood previously…
Korean media outfit, Herald reported Tuesday that Bithumb, the country’s biggest cryptocurrency exchange with more than 50% market share and 4.77 million members, is up for sale. The Herald quoted…
Triterras Fintech launched its Kratos blockchain-enabled, end-to-end global trade and trade finance platform in June 2019 with the Trade Discovery module. In February 2020, Triterras added the Trade Finance module…
Enmotus Inc. focuses on innovations in PC storage using its patented Artificial Intelligent algorithms. It announced Tuesday the launch of FuzeDrive, the first-ever AI-powered Solid State Drive (SSD). FuzeDrive blends…