Artificial Intelligence: Argo AI Appoints A Safety Advisory Council For Its Autonomous Vehicle Technology
The Argo Advisory Council comprises top experts and industry leaders in the fields of transportation, medicine, law enforcement, and cybersecurity.
Self-driving auto maker Argo AI has set up a panel of outside experts to oversee its efforts to improve the safety image of autonomous vehicles and the deployment of the associated technology. The announcement comes amidst a deteriorating public perception of these vehicles, as well as accidents that call for regulatory guidelines. (CISION PR Newswire)
“At Argo, our foundational value is safety,” said Bryan Salesky, Founder and CEO, Argo AI. “Autonomous vehicles have the potential to profoundly and positively impact transportation safety and accessibility in cities. I am grateful for the Argo Safety Advisory Council to share their collective wisdom and expertise to help Argo realize this goal.”
The council would comprise:
· Christopher “Todd” Doss, Senior Managing Director, Cybersecurity at Ankura and former Assistant Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation
· Dr. Mitchell Garber, Senior Managing Consultant at ESi and former Medical Officer for the National Transportation Safety Board
· David Kelly, Principal and CEO at Storm King Strategies and former Acting Administrator of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
· Annette Sandberg, Principal and CEO at TransSafe Consulting and former Administrator of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
· Robert Sumwalt, Executive Director of the Center for Aviation and Aerospace Safety at Embry Riddle Aeronautical University and former Chairman of the National Transportation Safety Board
Argo had previously, in December 2021, conducted a third-party assessment that found its procedures pertaining to test driver selection, training, and oversight met, and in some cases exceeded, industry best practices and standards as defined by the Autonomous Vehicle Safety Consortium’s (AVSC) and SAE International’s J3018 standard for safe on-road testing.
“Argo created the Council proactively, further underscoring the company’s focus and commitment to bringing autonomous products and services to market safely,” the company said in a statement.
It is backed by Ford (NYSE: F) and Volkswagen (ETR: VOW3).
Latest Alternative Investment News
Ripple Labs, the blockchain payments company that created the XRP cryptocurrency, is interested in purchasing assets of Celsius Network, the crypto lender that was forced into bankruptcy amidst the meltdown…
Nuri, a digital banking platform and app, offered users crypto transactions as well as normal banking activities including a debit card. The firm announced it had filed for insolvency on…
Telexistence Inc., the Japanese robotics company, announced the launch of its TX SCARA restocking robots in 300 FamilyMart convenience stores in Japan later this month as part of its AI-based…
US ETF issuer GraniteShares, which first launched leveraged ETFs on single stocks in the UK in 2019, and now offers 106 such products across Europe, has listed a suite of…