Alternative Investments/Digital: Despite Its “Wild West” Label, Do Not Ignore Crypto, Says Advisor
Blueprint Capital CEO Jacob Walthour also said crypto as an asset class would outperform stocks in the future.
Jacob Walthour, CEO and co-founder of Blueprint Capital Advisors, discussed cryptos in an interview with CNBC on Wednesday. “I think it’d be a mistake to ignore this asset class which has looked like the wild west for the last 5 or so years,” said Walthour, who has a 25-year track record in the financial markets. (Bitcoin.com)
- We started buying things with cash and then someone came up with the idea of using a check, and then someone came up with the idea of using plastics, and then someone came up with the idea of e-payments
- The use of crypto, the whole concept of a wallet, is where we are going to go from here
- That bodes well for crypto overall in terms of its adoption rate over the course of the next five to 10 years
- There are now many companies accepting cryptocurrency as a form of payment
- If the US equity market stalls, and cryptos rise, a lot of liquidity would fall out of stocks and into cryptos
- That would legitimize crypto as an asset class from a diversification standpoint.
- “My prediction for the foreseeable future, given that crypto has sold off quite a bit in the last quarter, is that it does have a strong possibility of outperforming equities in 2022.”
Walthour’s view that bitcoin will prevail over equities in 2022 has been echoed by Blockchain data research firm Arcane Research in its latest weekly report.
Arcane said bitcoin, which trounced the S&P500 this year (+73% versus +28%), will continue its outperformance in 2022.
Related Story: Bitcoin Unlikely To Reach Stratospheric Heights, Says Dalio
Latest Alternative Investment News
Lloyds Banking Group (LON: LLOY), Britain’s biggest mortgage provider, will acquire a minority stake in loyalty app Bink, according to a report by Sky News for an undisclosed amount that…
An iconic property in Bel Air, Los Angeles, designed by internationally acclaimed English architect John Pawson changed hands last month for $133 million and the buyer was Coinbase (NASDAQ: COIN)…
VegTech Invest advisory has launched the VegTech Plant-based Innovation & Climate ETF (Ticker: EATV), its first financial product. The ETF offers exposure to publicly traded companies actively innovating with plants…
Chinese AI company Parametrix.ai has raised $100 million in a Series B round led by Sequoia China and joined by existing investors 5Y Capital and Gaorong Capital. Though the valuation…