Digital Assets: Now, A Secure XRP Wallet Running In Your Browser
Craig DeWitt, a Ripple executive, launched the beta version of Payburner, a P2P payments platform, on Saturday.
Craig DeWitt is a director of product at Ripple, the blockchain payment infrastructure firm. Payburner is his project for an eCommerce platform that would enable buying, selling, paying, and donating on “both sides of the crypto commerce equation” using XRP. (Coin Desk)
Here are the features of Payburner (beta), a new platform that enables instant, global peer-to-peer payments:
- A non-custodial XRP wallet – comes with a key vault, secure login, and token wallet
- Works as a plug-in within the Chrome and Brave web browsers
- Also available as a browser app
- It works using Xpring, a tool for developers by Ripple
- Users can send and receive payments worldwide and instantaneously
- The system uses PayId (Every Payburner account is automatically a PayID) for payments
- You can search and discover other Wallet holders on the Payburner Network
- Pay buttons can be integrated into any website. Shoppers can purchase with one-click.
- Charges a 1% merchant fee on XRP e-commerce sales
“Payburner’s mission is to deliver excellent internet-based payment experiences starting with peer to peer payments and eCommerce,” said DeWitt in a Medium post. “We believe strongly in the freedoms digital assets like XRP deliver to individuals and businesses. Payburner’s role is to build an excellent and sustainable payment platform leveraging the best-in-class digital asset for payments, XRP.”
How it works
As mentioned above, Payburner allows users to send and receive payments using PayID.
Users can set up their PayID upon sign up in Payburner.
They can then share the ID to enable instant global payments.
To send payment, users can simply input the PayID of the recipient, enter the amount of XRP to send, and click send.
To request payment, users can input the PayID of the person they’re requesting money from, enter the amount requested, and add an optional message.
Latest Alternative Investment News
Mike Novogratz, the billionaire CEO of Galaxy Digital (TSE: GLXY), was unequivocally critical about Sam Bankman-Fried’s virtual New York Times (NYT) Dealbook Summit interview. “I’m hoping that the authorities get…
“We will be profitable in the next financial year,” TS Anil said at the summit on Thursday, though Monzo reported pre-tax losses of £119mn for the 12 months to the…
OpenAI has unveiled ChatGPT, a new AI system that interacts in a conversational way. As part of a dialogue format, ChatGPT answers followup questions, admits its mistakes, challenges incorrect premises,…
Artificial Intelligence: Monarch’s Electric, Driver-Optional, Smart Tractor Now In Commercial Production
Monarch Tractor has rolled out the first production model of the MK-V tractor that combines electrification, automation, and data analysis to help farmers reduce their carbon footprint, improve field safety,…