FinTech: PruPay and PayPal Working on Text-based, Contactless Payments
Small businesses need a touchless payment method in these times of COVID.
PruPay is a specialty fintech company that provides easy payment solutions for merchants and consumers. The U.S.-based company announced Thursday its collaboration with PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) for the launch of touchless payments via text messaging. The facility of paying without having to touch another surface, device, or currency is especially useful amidst fears of rampant infection from the coronavirus. (IBSIntelligence)
Prupay will offer its touchless payment service to merchants without any charges during this pandemic. The company is waiving its charges for the first 90 days after a new merchant signs up through July 31.
Though some payment processors already have a textbased payment service, PruPay has announced its offering with add-ons such as delivery fees, tipping, and a “pay it forward” option. The fintech has also enhanced security for merchants processing payments on its platform.
- A control panel that lets employees enter payment requests and see orders without access to merchant banking information.
- An order management dashboard to see which orders have been paid for and which are pending.
- The ability to customize charges like convenience fees, delivery fees, or other markups.
- The ability to add delivery/pickup notes to the order.
- The ability to pay for purchases via text all major credit cards, PayPal, Venmo (U.S. only), and PayPal Credit (under prescribed terms)
- The ability to easily add an optional tip or a “Pay It Forward” amount to help merchants during the crisis.
- A secure way to pay and complete orders without having to provide credit card numbers or addresses over the phone.
- An order payment confirmation to show to a delivery driver or curbside delivery person.
PruPay has also added a feature allowing customers to “give back” to their favourite merchants. The gesture is purely voluntary and is initiated when a payment is being processed. The customer gets a prompt to include an additional amount that would go towards supporting the business through these difficult times. It’s a goodwill gesture to the merchant.
Latest Alternative Investment News
Funds and accounts advised by T. Rowe Price Associates, Inc. led an investment round worth $2.5 billion in electric vehicle maker Rivian. Participants in this investment round include Soros Fund…
PE Partnership Terms – Best Practices Callan, an institutional investment consulting firm, released its Private Equity Fees and Terms Study to serve as a reference for institutional investors. This study…
Clear, a blockchain startup founded in 2018, specializes in removing complex frictions in B2B trade. One such pain point is the contractual settlement and reconciliation for roaming agreements between telecom…
Alternative Investment: Vanguard Launches Its First ESG-focused Fixed Income Product For U.S. Investors
Vanguard filed a preliminary prospectus for a corporate bond ETF that will offer U.S. investors investment-grade corporate bonds with additional exposure to environmental, social, and governance (ESG) criteria. Vanguard has…