Alternative Investments/ESG: Global X Launches AQWA – A Clean Water ETF
This is Global X’s latest ETF addition to its Thematic Growth suite.
Global X has launched the Global X Clean Water ETF (NASDAQ: AQWA). The new ETF adds to the asset manager’s Thematic Growth family of 27 ETFs with an AUM of more than $16 billion.
Thematic Growth ETFs target companies across the globe driving long-term, paradigm-shifting themes. (Intrado GlobeNewsWire)
Clean water an urgent priority
- clean water is one of the most vital and valuable resources on the planet
- four billion people globally experience severe water scarcity for at least one month of the year
- 3 billion people live in water-stressed countries
- a third (29%) of the global population lacks access to safely managed drinking water
- more than half (55%) lack access to safely managed sanitation services
- in 2017, unsafe water caused 2.2% of global deaths – more than diabetes, HIV/AIDS, and malaria
- access to clean water and sanitation is being prioritized through the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- the Covid-19 pandemic has placed a renewed focus on public health policies and infrastructure
In these circumstances, AQWA is a vehicle well-suited to target companies in the global water sector.
Global X Clean Water ETF (NASDAQ: AQWA)
“Over a decade ago, the United Nations General Assembly recognized access to water and sanitation as a human right. Despite this, water scarcity and quality continue to threaten economies and lives,” said Andrew Little, research analyst at Global X. “Given the immediate need to increase global access to clean water and recent advancements in water infrastructure and technology, Global X is leveraging our knowledge of disruptive themes to provide investors with access to high growth potential companies across several aspects of the clean water value chain.”
The AQWA ETF charges a management fee of 0.50% and tracks the Solactive Global Clean Water Industry Index.
The ETF will invest in companies advancing the provision of clean water through industrial water treatment, storage, and distribution infrastructure, as well as purification and efficiency strategies among other activities.
AQWA also incorporates Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) screens and follows ESG proxy voting guidelines to affect positive change alongside financial returns.
Latest Alternative Investment News
Lloyds Banking Group (LON: LLOY), Britain’s biggest mortgage provider, will acquire a minority stake in loyalty app Bink, according to a report by Sky News for an undisclosed amount that…
An iconic property in Bel Air, Los Angeles, designed by internationally acclaimed English architect John Pawson changed hands last month for $133 million and the buyer was Coinbase (NASDAQ: COIN)…
VegTech Invest advisory has launched the VegTech Plant-based Innovation & Climate ETF (Ticker: EATV), its first financial product. The ETF offers exposure to publicly traded companies actively innovating with plants…
Chinese AI company Parametrix.ai has raised $100 million in a Series B round led by Sequoia China and joined by existing investors 5Y Capital and Gaorong Capital. Though the valuation…