Artificial Intelligence: How Sama Tea Used AI To Laser Focus Its Branding

November 23, 2021 | Artificial Intelligence, News
https://dailyalts.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/foundersclubhero24.jpg

The founders (pictured above) worked with AI branding experts 100.co to ensure a successful launch of Sama Tea, their new tea brand.

According to Harvard Business School professor Clayton Christensen, there are over 30,000 new products introduced every year, and 95% fail. These include launches by seasoned, experienced entrepreneurs. Radhi Devlukia-Shetty and Jay Shetty therefore were not taking any chances with the launch of their pet project – Sama Tea. To make sure they made it into the ranks of the successful 5%, they roped in 100.co for AI-powered brand creation. (Forbes)

Jay Shetty is a best-selling author and life coach. His wife Radhi is an Ayurvedic chef.

To ensure they took the right decisions on critical issues including design, manufacturing, marketing, logistics, and others, the couple decided on a data-driven and ML (machine learning)-based approach.

100.co helped them achieve the optimal mix of their authentic vision for the tea with the dry and clinical, tech-driven, AI approach to branding the project.

How AI corrected course for the Shettys

Initially, the Shettys thought focusing on the flavors of the tea would work for the branding approach. However, data and ML insights indicated that buyers would be more drawn towards health benefits from the tea such as stress reduction, generating a feeling of calm, and restoring clarity in thought.

The couple shifted gears and made the changes accordingly in the packaging and marketing of Sama Tea, emphasizing these benefits more versus flavors, and achieving a successful product launch.

How it works

Philip Smolen, 100.co’s chief platform officer, said to Forbes: “We take several major data sets, retail sales data, what’s being sold in the market, product data … not only the products available for purchase but what are the ingredients for those products, how are they packaged, how are they priced, what are their claims … then one of the key things we do that is pretty unique is tie that together with social data, what are people saying, what are the reviews, what is the sentiment?”

“Then we take toolsets like machine learning, assisted learning, natural language processing … in order to look at not just what is selling, and what is trending, but why it’s trending.”

In the net result, huge amounts of relevant data can be garnered and analyzed by AI to provide actionable insights for better branding and marketing of the product.

So founders can be more sure of launching successful products at attractive prices due to an efficient process and lower costs.

Related Story: The USPTO Deploys AI To Gauge AI Trends In Patents

Free Industry News

Subscribe to our free newsletter for updates and news about alternatives investments.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.


Shape

Latest Alternative Investment News

https://dailyalts.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/hand-plus-btc-plus-india-colors.png
Digital Assets: India To Clamp Down On Cryptocurrencies Via Legislation By Year-End
November 24, 2021     Digital Assets, Latest News, News

The legislative agenda for the upcoming winter session of the Lok Sabha, the lower house of India’s parliament, shows that a bill titled “The Cryptocurrency and Regulation of Official Digital…

https://dailyalts.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/Klarna-HQ-in-Stockholm-scaled.jpg
FinTech: Klarna Launches “Pay Now” In The US, Klarna Card Soon To Follow
November 24, 2021     FinTech, News

Klarna, the Stockholm-headquartered fintech powerhouse last valued at $45.6 billion, has brought a “Pay Now” offering to consumers at retailers wherever Klarna is accepted. The company also announced a Klarna…

https://dailyalts.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/fb-default.b5dd38d9c4194731a32674e7e89fe658.jpg
Venture Capital: Agtech And Farmer-To-Farmer Platform FBN Raises $300M
November 24, 2021     ESG and Sustainability, News, Venture Capital

Farmers Business Network (FBN) is a farmer-to-farmer network launched in 2014 as an information source and for sharing of agronomic precision data. It now has thousands of farmer-members managing millions…

https://dailyalts.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/img13-2400.jpg
Venture Capital: Arc, Which Makes $300K Electric Boats, Snags $30M
November 24, 2021     News, Venture Capital

Arc, a startup led by former SpaceX engineers and developing electric boats, announced its $30 million Series A raise led by Greg Reichow, a former Tesla VP of Production, now…