Artificial Intelligence: Indian Lingerie Maker Clovia Uses AI To Recommend The Right Bra Size
Clovia is a 100% data-driven maker of lingerie.
Clovia sells innerwear, loungewear, and personal care brands across India and proudly proclaims it has served over 2 million customers. It uses data science and machine learning to crunch over 150 million data points from 2.8 million users daily. The technology helps Clovia across all aspects of its business – from manufacturing to dispatch. (Analytics India Mag)
Entrepreneur and CEO Pankaj Vermani highlighted how Clovia leverages AI and data in its operations.
AI and bras and stuff
- Data enables designers and developers to refine their offerings in tune with demand and trends. Clovia’s new product failure rate is negligible.
- Predictive AI algorithms optimize manufacturing processes. About 80% of Clovia’s inventory is 45 days or less in age.
- AI helps Clovia determine the “ideal shelves” at sales touchpoints – in other words, the most relevant inventory.
- Algorithms pick the best courier for dispatch logistics. “We have back-to-back integrations to keep information real-time on where the parcel has reached, keeping the customer informed at all times,” says Vermani. “Alerts are also generated to notify any drops/failures.”
- Customer feedback – the system immediately alerts the concerned department for any problem including issues with quality, pricing, design, or visual representation.
- Picking the right-sized bra – Clovia’s proprietary CloviaCurve Fit Test helps women pick the right cup size.
- Other high conversion tools – dress-to-bra match, Bra-Bro, period tracker, fertility tracker, etc
- Bra-Bot, the online AI-based chatbot guides customers to the correct product and size. “The response to the Bra-Bot has been exceptional with almost two lakh customers engaging with it within 30 days of launch,” says Vermani. “The bot is currently handling over 35% of customer queries automatically, and the rest are being seamlessly passed on to a support executive.”
In December, Clovia raised a $4 million pre-Series C round funding led by a clutch of investors including Golden Birch Investments and SheCapital Venture Fund. It also appointed Anisha Singh, founder of SheCapital Venture Fund, to its board of directors.
Related Story: The AI-Powered Nudemeter For Dark-Skinned Women
Latest Alternative Investment News
In a unique plug for bitcoin’s adoption, MicroStrategy (NASDAQ: MSTR), the business information firm, has decided to pay its non-employee directors in bitcoin. The company has been a trendsetter, setting…
Alternative Investments/Digital: Yet Another Bitcoin ETF Application; Galaxy Digital Is The Latest Hopeful
Galaxy Digital, the cryptocurrency investment firm led by Mike Novogratz, has filed an application with the SEC to launch a bitcoin ETF that will trade on the NYSE Arca. The…
Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT) may buy Nuance Communication (NASDAQ: NUAN) at a valuation of $56 per share, according to Bloomberg, which cited unnamed people who were familiar with the matter. The…
Venture Capital: Supervest, A Platform That Matches Loan-Seeking Merchants With Investors, Is Seeking Funds
Supervest calls it a new asset class. Merchant cash advances (MCA) are a form of short-term financing for merchants in the form of a sales agreement in which capital is…