Institutional Investor’s 2019 Hedge Fund Awards
Ray Dalio’s Bridgewater Associates took the crown as the institutional hedge fund of the year
Institutional Investor announced Thursday evening the Hedge Fund Industry Awards at its 17th annual awards dinner at the Mandarin Oriental in New York.
Here are some of the winners.
Hedge fund managers
- Institutional hedge fund of the year-Bridgewater Associates
- Macro hedge fund manager- Bridgewater Associates
- Emerging hedge fund manager-Darsana Capital Partners
- Multi-strategy hedge fund manager of the year-D.E. Shaw & Co
- Event-driven manager-Elliott Capital Management
- Activist hedge fund manager-TCI Fund Management
- Equity-Focused Hedge Fund Manager of the Year-Tiger Global Management
- Liquid Alternatives Fund of the Year-BlackRock Tactical Opportunities Fund
- Quantitative Hedge Fund Manager of the Year-Two Sigma Investments
Hedge fund investors
- Corporate Plan of the Year-United Parcel Service
- Endowment of the Year-University of Texas Investment Management Co.
- Family Office of the Year-Merrimac Corp.
- Sovereign Wealth Fund of the Year-Texas Permanent School Fund
Hedge Fund Consultant of the Year
- Cambridge Associates
Latest Alternative Investment News
Accelerate Financial Technologies launched its OneChoice Alternative Model Portfolio in September. Aimed at hard-pressed advisors and portfolio managers, the strategy offered a quick and easy way to put together a…
SBI Group (TYO: 8473) is launching a crypto lending service through SBI VC Trade, its crypto-focused exchange subsidiary. SBI said it will initially allow customers to tender only bitcoin (BTC),…
Hippo, the home insurance unicorn, announced Tuesday an investment of $350 million from Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Company, Limited, a subsidiary of MS&AD Insurance Group Holdings, Inc. In July, Hippo raised…
Based in Luxembourg, Astanor Ventures combines capital, technology, and sector expertise to invest in businesses that build regenerative, scalable, and nourishing food solutions. Using this philosophy, Astanor has invested in…