Liquid Alternatives: Wilshire Liquid Index Returns 1.54% in May
The Wilshire Liquid Alternative Index returned 1.54% in May. The index provides a representative baseline for the performance of the broader liquid alts space.
This figure surpassed the 1.44% return from the HFRX Global Hedge Fund Index in May.
On the Wilshire Liquid Alternative Index
According to HedgeWeek, the index aims “to deliver precise market measures for the performance of diversified liquid alternative investment strategies implemented through mutual fund structures, backed by a proprietary classification methodology.”
“Markets continued to rally in May as optimism surrounding the development of a COVID-19 vaccine and the steady re-opening of the economy encouraged investors,” Jason Schwarz, COO of Wilshire Associates said in a statement. Here is a recap of the individual indices.
- The Wilshire Liquid Alternative Multi-Strategy Index had a 1.36 % return in May.
- The Wilshire Liquid Alternative Equity Hedge Index added 1.29% for the month. That topped the HFRX Equity Hedge Index and its 1.22% gain for May. HedgeWeek said that equity markets enjoyed a boost from the at-home and healthcare stocks.
- The Wilshire Liquid Alternatives Event-Driven Index gained 1.14% and trailed the 1.96% return from the HFRX Event Driven Index.
- The Wilshire Liquid Alternative Global Macro Index finished May up 0.33%. That topped the HFRX Macro/CTA Index and its return of 0.26%.
- The Wilshire Liquid Alternative Relative Value Index finished the month up 2.23%. That was better than the 2.0% gain from the HFRX Relative Value Arbitrage Index.
Latest Alternative Investment News
Path-breaking corporate bitcoin investor MicroStrategy (NASDAQ: MSTR) said in a filing Monday that it purchased approximately 7,002 bitcoins for about $414.4 million in cash, or $59,187 per coin, between October…
Wise (LON: WISE), the global payments processor previously known as TransferWise, announced a 2022 expansion plan for its operations in North America given its solid growth in the half year…
Singapore’s United Overseas Bank ( UOB ) Asset Management has launched the UOB APAC Green REIT ETF (GRE SP), which has been listed on Singapore Exchange and provides ESG-tilted exposure…
Partech, which invests its venture capital in tech and digital companies at all stages in Europe, North America, Africa and Asia, announced today the close of its second fund at…