Liquid Alternatives: Wilshire Liquid Index Returns 1.54% in May
The Wilshire Liquid Alternative Index returned 1.54% in May. The index provides a representative baseline for the performance of the broader liquid alts space.
This figure surpassed the 1.44% return from the HFRX Global Hedge Fund Index in May.
On the Wilshire Liquid Alternative Index
According to HedgeWeek, the index aims “to deliver precise market measures for the performance of diversified liquid alternative investment strategies implemented through mutual fund structures, backed by a proprietary classification methodology.”
“Markets continued to rally in May as optimism surrounding the development of a COVID-19 vaccine and the steady re-opening of the economy encouraged investors,” Jason Schwarz, COO of Wilshire Associates said in a statement. Here is a recap of the individual indices.
- The Wilshire Liquid Alternative Multi-Strategy Index had a 1.36 % return in May.
- The Wilshire Liquid Alternative Equity Hedge Index added 1.29% for the month. That topped the HFRX Equity Hedge Index and its 1.22% gain for May. HedgeWeek said that equity markets enjoyed a boost from the at-home and healthcare stocks.
- The Wilshire Liquid Alternatives Event-Driven Index gained 1.14% and trailed the 1.96% return from the HFRX Event Driven Index.
- The Wilshire Liquid Alternative Global Macro Index finished May up 0.33%. That topped the HFRX Macro/CTA Index and its return of 0.26%.
- The Wilshire Liquid Alternative Relative Value Index finished the month up 2.23%. That was better than the 2.0% gain from the HFRX Relative Value Arbitrage Index.
Latest Alternative Investment News
PAYFAZZ, an Indonesian fintech start-up, scooped up $ 53 million in a Series B funding round led by B Capital Group and Insignia Ventures Partners. Existing investors Tiger Global Management,…
Back in February 2020, researchers at BenevolentAI, a British company that uses artificial intelligence in drug discovery, were sifting through its drugs database. The objective: to find one that could…
Digital Assets: Cubans Take to Cryptos Amidst Food Shortage; Over 2,500 Austrian Merchants to Accept Cryptos
Cuba is grappling with a national food crisis stemming from Venezuela’s decision to cut off its aid to the country. Problems have been compounded by the nonavailability, due to the…
Uber Technologies Inc. (NYSE: UBER) is acquiring food delivery start-up Postmates for $ 2.65 billion in an all-stock deal, according to reports by Bloomberg and the New York Times. Uber…