Liquid Alternatives: Wilshire Liquid Index Returns 1.54% in May
The Wilshire Liquid Alternative Index returned 1.54% in May. The index provides a representative baseline for the performance of the broader liquid alts space.
This figure surpassed the 1.44% return from the HFRX Global Hedge Fund Index in May.
On the Wilshire Liquid Alternative Index
According to HedgeWeek, the index aims “to deliver precise market measures for the performance of diversified liquid alternative investment strategies implemented through mutual fund structures, backed by a proprietary classification methodology.”
“Markets continued to rally in May as optimism surrounding the development of a COVID-19 vaccine and the steady re-opening of the economy encouraged investors,” Jason Schwarz, COO of Wilshire Associates said in a statement. Here is a recap of the individual indices.
- The Wilshire Liquid Alternative Multi-Strategy Index had a 1.36 % return in May.
- The Wilshire Liquid Alternative Equity Hedge Index added 1.29% for the month. That topped the HFRX Equity Hedge Index and its 1.22% gain for May. HedgeWeek said that equity markets enjoyed a boost from the at-home and healthcare stocks.
- The Wilshire Liquid Alternatives Event-Driven Index gained 1.14% and trailed the 1.96% return from the HFRX Event Driven Index.
- The Wilshire Liquid Alternative Global Macro Index finished May up 0.33%. That topped the HFRX Macro/CTA Index and its return of 0.26%.
- The Wilshire Liquid Alternative Relative Value Index finished the month up 2.23%. That was better than the 2.0% gain from the HFRX Relative Value Arbitrage Index.
Latest Alternative Investment News
Chipmaker AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) has unveiled a range of innovative AI solutions spanning from data centers to personal computers. The AMD Instinct MI300 Series features data center AI accelerators, while…
Robinhood (NASDAQ: HOOD) has launched its Crypto app in the European Union (EU), allowing eligible customers to engage in crypto trading with the added incentive of earning Bitcoin rewards. Customers…
Samsung Electronics (KRX: 005930) and Mastercard (NYSE: MA) have partnered to launch the Wallet Express program, offering banks and card issuers a cost-effective way to expand digital wallet offerings. Through…
Revaia, Europe’s largest female-founded venture capital firm, has successfully raised €150 million ($160 million) for its second fund, Revaia Growth II. The funding was secured from sovereign wealth funds, family…