Liquid Alternatives: Wilshire Liquid Index Returns 1.54% in May
The Wilshire Liquid Alternative Index returned 1.54% in May. The index provides a representative baseline for the performance of the broader liquid alts space.
This figure surpassed the 1.44% return from the HFRX Global Hedge Fund Index in May.
On the Wilshire Liquid Alternative Index
According to HedgeWeek, the index aims “to deliver precise market measures for the performance of diversified liquid alternative investment strategies implemented through mutual fund structures, backed by a proprietary classification methodology.”
“Markets continued to rally in May as optimism surrounding the development of a COVID-19 vaccine and the steady re-opening of the economy encouraged investors,” Jason Schwarz, COO of Wilshire Associates said in a statement. Here is a recap of the individual indices.
- The Wilshire Liquid Alternative Multi-Strategy Index had a 1.36 % return in May.
- The Wilshire Liquid Alternative Equity Hedge Index added 1.29% for the month. That topped the HFRX Equity Hedge Index and its 1.22% gain for May. HedgeWeek said that equity markets enjoyed a boost from the at-home and healthcare stocks.
- The Wilshire Liquid Alternatives Event-Driven Index gained 1.14% and trailed the 1.96% return from the HFRX Event Driven Index.
- The Wilshire Liquid Alternative Global Macro Index finished May up 0.33%. That topped the HFRX Macro/CTA Index and its return of 0.26%.
- The Wilshire Liquid Alternative Relative Value Index finished the month up 2.23%. That was better than the 2.0% gain from the HFRX Relative Value Arbitrage Index.
Latest Alternative Investment News
In a blog this week the IMF warned against the use of cryptoassets as a national currency, saying it was a “step too far.” Though cryptos had obvious advantages such…
Value Partners Group Ltd listed today the VP-DJ Shariah China A-Shares 100 ETF, the world’s first Shariah-compliant A-share exchange traded fund (ETF), on Bursa Malaysia. The ETF provides investors exposure…
Sylvester.ai, which uses AI to improve animal health outcomes, has created Tably, an open beta app that “a cat parent” can download and better understand their pet’s health and mood….
Yieldstreet offers retail investors the opportunity to invest in alternative asset classes such as real estate, marine, art, legal finance, and commercial lending. Products are offered across a range of…