M&A Deal News – August 16, 2019
Another community bank deal, Softbank loves hotels abroad, and hospitals for sale in the Philippines.
M&A Deal News – August 16, 2019: M&A deal news from around the globe. Each day, we focus on deals in the private equity, real estate, AI and tech, and others impacting the alternative investment space. Here’s our recap for Friday evening.
- First, Community banking consolidation strikes again. ConnectOne Bancorp will buy Bancorp of New Jersey for $113 million.
- Second up is Alibaba Group. The Chinese e-commerce giant has purchased Chinese e-commerce firm Kaola for $2 billion, according to Caixin Global. Neither Alibaba nor seller NetEase commented on the deal.
- Next is the Softbank Group. One of its firms has reportedly offered up to $1.3 billion for Japanese hotel chain Unizo Holdings. The deal would help it defend itself from a takeover bid from travel agency H.I.S. Co. Reuters was first to report the story.
- Pacific Equity Partners is buying Horizon Global’s Asia-Pacific business segment for AUD $340 million.
- KKR, Blackstone and CVC are reportedly looking to buy a stake in hospital division of Philippines’ Metro Pacific Investments Corporation.
- Next up, Turkey’s military pension fund OYAK has completely an agreement to purchase British Steel. Based on this story, editors at The Guardian don’t seem to content.
- In REIT news, Cyrus One – a data center real estate play – is exploring a sale. That pushed up the stock price of multiple data center REITs on Friday. Bloomberg reports.
And one more in M&A deal news… for good measure.
- Greenland has turned down — in advance — any offer from the United States to buy the country. NBC and just about every other financial website have since covered this story.
For deal news from August 20, 2019, go here.
Latest Alternative Investment News
Proxy advisory firm Institutional Investor Advisory Services India Ltd. (IiAS) has issued a note ahead of PayTM’s (NSE: PAYTM) annual shareholders’ meeting on August 19 calling for the replacement of…
Lockheed Martin (NYSE: LMT) and its venture finance arm Lockheed Martin Ventures plans to boost the latter’s investment outlay from $200 million to $400 million.
PicPay, the well-known Brazilian payment app, has got its shoe in the crypto door in partnership with Paxos, a leading regulated blockchain infrastructure company. Picpay is opening crypto trading services…
BT (LON: BT.A), the telecom major, announced that Barclaycard Payments had joined its partnership network seeking to help the growth of UK microbusinesses. BT customers with 0-5 employees would get…