Artificial Intelligence: Monarch’s Electric, Driver-Optional, Smart Tractor Now In Commercial Production
The first units of the MK-V, the fully electric, driver-optional, smart tractor, are now rolling off the production line at Monarch’s headquarters and manufacturing facility in Livermore, California.
Monarch Tractor has rolled out the first production model of the MK-V tractor that combines electrification, automation, and data analysis to help farmers reduce their carbon footprint, improve field safety, streamline farming operations, and boost profitability. The company’s first customer is liquor and wine group Constellation Brands (NYSE: STZ), which has purchased the first six Founder Series MK-V tractors. (Businesswire)
Monarch MK-V Tractor
Features of the innovative tractor include:
· The MK-V is 100 percent electric and has zero tailpipe emissions.
· The MK-V is packed with safety features including rollover and collision prevention, vision-based Power Take Off (PTO) safety, and 360° cameras
· The MK-V collects and analyzes crop data daily and can process data from current and next-generation implements
· MK-V users receive tractor status alerts, detailed operations reports, and data collection, on a smartphone or personal device
· The Monarch electric drivetrain is capable of providing 40HP (30KW) of continuous power and short duration peak power up to 75HP (55KW)
· Utilizing a Monarch MK-V in place of a comparable diesel tractor is the equivalent emission reduction of removing 14 passenger vehicles from the road
· The tractor is highly useful when farmers face labor shortages
“Our team has worked tirelessly and relentlessly with a mission to make farming more profitable and sustainable,” said Praveen Penmetsa, co-founder & CEO, Monarch Tractor. “We’re proud to see our commitment to technological innovation and sustainable solutions culminate in celebrating our first tractor off the production line, which, I might add, is powered by renewable energy.”
Monarch has recently signed a contract manufacturing agreement with Hon Hai Technology Group, the world’s largest electronic manufacturer, to build the MK-V and its battery packs at the Foxconn Ohio facility.
Monarch has so far raised more than $110 million including a $61 million Series B round in 2021.
Latest Alternative Investment News
Morgan Stanley Investment Management (MSIM) has launched its ETF platform with six Calvert ETFs listed on NYSE Arca. The ETFs feature Calvert’s responsible investing approach and offer access to four…
Google (NASDAQ: GOOGL) recently published a research paper on its new AI tool, MusicLM, designed to create music. The tool is based on machine learning and is trained on vast…
Snap (NYSE: SNAP), the parent company of Snapchat, has hinted at future AR glasses powered by generative AI technology. CEO Evan Spiegel stated that AI will be critical to the…
Binance and Mastercard (NYSE: MA) have jointly launched the Binance Card in Brazil, allowing Binance users in the country to make purchases and pay bills with cryptocurrencies like bitcoin and…