Digital Assets: Nearly 63% Of U.S. Adults Are “Crypto Curious” (Gemini Survey)
Crypto exchange and custodian Gemini released the results of a crypto survey of 3,000 U.S. adults.
The “2021 State of U.S. Crypto Report” from Gemini takes a look at what investors and crypto-curious consumers in the United States think about cryptos after new trends that emerged in 2020. These include rising institutional interest and corporate actions by companies such as Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA), MicroStrategy (NASDAQ: MSTR), PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) that fuelled a huge rally in bitcoin.
The report reveals that nearly 63% of U.S. adults are “crypto curious.” Further, this U.S. crypto crowd is growing and that nearly half of it is comprised of women.
All trends point to a significant expansion and diversification of the nation’s cryptocurrency investors.
“Based on the percentage of respondents we see indicating that they plan to purchase crypto in the next 12 months, we estimate that this could mean 19.3 million U.S. adults entering the crypto market very soon,” says the Gemini report.
The key findings of the report
- More women than men are among those interested in getting into crypto soon: Making up 53% of those crypto curious reporting interest about investing in the asset class.
- The next wave of crypto buyers are older and have slightly smaller yearly incomes: With an average age of 44 and an average household income of $107,000 a year.
- Education is crucial in converting crypto-curious consumers to actual holders: With 39% of those who don’t hold cryptocurrency considering themselves “somewhat or very” knowledgeable about cryptocurrency, but 60% identifying as “not very” or “not at all” knowledgeable.
- The number of crypto investors is set to nearly double this year: With 13% of U.S. adults planning to purchase crypto in the next 12 months.
- The “average” crypto investor will be changing soon due to these new entrants: The current profile is a 38-year-old male making approximately $111,000 a year.
“This new research signals a valuable and welcome diversification of crypto’s investor base,” said Noah Perlman, Chief Operating Officer at Gemini. “A broader set of participants establishes a positive long-term evolution of the market.”
Related Story: Tesla Converts $1.5B Of Surplus Cash To Bitcoin
Latest Alternative Investment News
Though initial reports said that Colonial Pipeline would not pay a ransom to the hackers that brought the nation’s largest fuel pipeline to a halt, Bloomberg reported Thursday that the…
Artificial Intelligence: A Molecule For Alzheimer’s Created By Exscientia’s AI Enters Clinical Trials
Oxford, UK-based Exscientia uses AI to design and create drug candidate molecules satisfying complex therapeutic requirements with revolutionary efficiency. Joint research by Exscientia with Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma Co., Ltd. (TYO:…
Vinted, a European startup that runs a marketplace for used clothing and home goods, announced its raise of $303 million at a valuation of $4.5 billion, post-money. That valuation is…
On Wednesday, Germany’s Federal Financial Supervisory Authority (BaFin) ordered challenger bank N26 to implement appropriate internal controls and safeguards and comply with general due diligence requirements to prevent money laundering…