Private Equity: Advent Invests in Hermes UK

August 12, 2020 | Latest News, News, Private Equity
https://dailyalts.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/HermesSmalltruck-326x245-1.jpg

Private Equity: Advent Invests in Hermes UK

Courier services company Hermes will soon benefit from a hefty investment from private equity firm Advent International.  Otto Group has previously announced that it will partner with Advent to grow Hermes Group in Germany and the UK.  

Advent International and Otto Group will partner their management teams to achieve a 75 percent hold in Hermes UK.  Otto Group will have the remaining 25 percent.  The goal of this deal is to help Hermes UK bolster its investments in technology, infrastructure, and strategies.  These investments should help to compete in a robust parcel delivery industry.  Following the buyout, Hermes is planning to go on a hiring spree to meet the rising demand as a result of the Coronavirus pandemic.  Hermes is expecting record levels of business and plans to meet all of its customers’ needs.  

CEO of Hermes UK Martijn de Lange stated “This is fantastic news for Hermes UK as we continue our upwards trajectory in the fast-growing and capital-hungry home delivery sector. The investment will enable us to remain independent and be agile and responsive to future market requirements. It will help to expedite the development of our capacity and technology, supporting the introduction of new innovative products and services that will greatly benefit our retail clients and their customers.”

About Advent

Advent International is a leading global private equity firm that focuses on buyouts.  Its focus areas are in Europe, North America, Latin America, and Asia.  The firm has $54 billion assets under management.  In addition to the 75 percent stake in Hermes UK, Advent plans to acquire a 25 percent stake in Hermes Germany.  

Free Industry News

Subscribe to our free newsletter for updates and news about alternatives investments.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.


Shape

Latest Alternative Investment News

https://dailyalts.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/marijuana-g4237088f5_640.jpg
FinTech: AeroPay And Jane Tie-Up To Offer Online Payments For Cannabis
October 15, 2021     FinTech, News

AeroPay and Jane Technologies announced Thursday a partnership to enable online payments via AeroPay across 36 U.S. state markets where cannabis is legal. More than 2,100 dispensaries and 300 companies…

https://dailyalts.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/bitcoin-81652-md.jpg
Digital Assets: BoE Official Likens Crypto To Subprime, Warns Of 2008-Like Crash
October 15, 2021     Digital Assets, News, Regulations

In a speech on Wednesday, Jon Cunliffe of the Bank of England called for tough regulations on cryptocurrencies, drawing a parallel between the $1.2 trillion subprime mortgage market in 2008…

https://dailyalts.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/nexon-10000-vehicle-big.jpg
Venture Capital: TPG Rise Climate And ADQ To Invest $1B In Indian Group Tatas’ EV Unit
October 15, 2021     ESG and Sustainability, News, Venture Capital

Tata Motors (NSE: TATAMOTORS), the automobile company of the Tatas, the Indian salt-to-airlines business conglomerate, will receive an investment of approximately $1 billion from TPG’s Rise Climate Fund and Abu…

https://dailyalts.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/BTC-Price-Chart-0427pm.jpg
Alternative Investments/Digital: Bitcoin Spikes In Anticipation Of SEC’s Clearance Of Bitcoin ETF
October 15, 2021     Alternative Investments, Digital Assets, News

Bitcoin, the leading cryptocurrency, is within handshaking distance of its April all-time high of $64,895 after spiking over the last 24 hours on rising market expectations of an imminent SEC…