Alternative Investments/ESG: Putnam To Launch Five Transparent Active ESG-Focused ETFs
The new ETFs will comprise three active fixed income and two active quantitative equity ETFs.
Putnam Investments announced plans to launch, subject to completion of regulatory processes, three active fixed income and two active quantitative equity exchange-traded funds (ETFs), all with an environmental, social and governance (ESG) focus. These proposed ETFs, along with the existing Putnam Sustainable Leaders ETF and Putnam Sustainable Future ETF, will also serve as underlying investment components within the firm’s ESG-focused target-date series, the Putnam Sustainable Retirement Funds. (BusinessWire)
Five new ETFs From Putnam
These ETFs will launch in the coming months.
- Putnam ESG Core Bond ETF: Will seek high current income consistent with prudent risk by investing mainly in a diversified portfolio of investment-grade fixed income securities, with a focus on companies or issuers that meet relevant ESG criteria.
- Putnam ESG High Yield ETF: Will seek high current income, with capital growth as a secondary goal when consistent with achieving high current income. The fund will invest mainly in bonds that are below investment-grade in quality (sometimes referred to as “junk bonds”). The fund will invest with a focus on companies or issuers that meet relevant ESG criteria.
- Putnam ESG Ultra Short ETF: Will seek as high a rate of current income that is consistent with preservation of capital and maintenance of liquidity. The fund will invest in a diversified portfolio of fixed income securities composed of short duration, investment-grade money market and other fixed income securities, with a focus on companies or issuers that meet relevant ESG criteria.
- Putnam PanAgora ESG International Equity ETF: Will seek long-term capital appreciation by investing mainly in common stocks (growth or value stocks or both) of companies of any size outside the United States with a focus on securities that offer attractive benchmark-relative returns and exhibit positive ESG metrics. The ETF will be sub-advised by Putnam affiliate PanAgora Asset Management, Inc., which is reputed in the industry for its quantitative investment management expertise.
- Putnam PanAgora ESG Emerging Markets Equity ETF: Will seek long-term capital appreciation by investing mainly in common stocks (growth or value stocks or both) of emerging markets companies of any size with a focus on securities that offer attractive benchmark-relative returns and exhibit positive ESG metrics. This ETF too will be sub-advised by PanAgora Asset Management.
“We have seen growing interest from many corners of the marketplace for ESG investing across a range of asset classes – and are excited to introduce these new fixed income and quantitative equity ETFs to our lineup,” said Robert L. Reynolds, President and Chief Executive Officer.
Latest Alternative Investment News
Klarna, the Swedish fintech known for its buy-now-pay-later (BNPL) financial product, is negotiating to raise $650 million at a valuation of $6.5 billion, which is a very sharp comedown from…
Fintech OppZo brings together investors and small businesses that need working capital loans for their government-facing businesses. Typically located in economically stressed areas of the country, these businesses represent an…
The Jacobi Bitcoin ETF, from Jacobi Asset Management, will have a number of firsts to its credit when it starts trading this month. It will be the first exchange-traded equity…
John Deere (NYSE: DE) has achieved leadership in automated machinery powered by Artificial Intelligence (AI). The self-driving tractor pictured above was revealed in CES 2022 and has six pairs of…