FinTech: Revolut Integrates Encrypted Chat Feature In Its Global Financial Superapp
Customers in the UK and EEA can now chat as well as share gifs and stickers whilst sending and requesting funds to and from other customers.
Revolut has incorporated a messaging facility into its superapp, following a recent UK and European survey of 8,000 people that said two thirds of people (67.5%) find it difficult to discuss money. The chat feature is end-to-end encrypted to ensure security. (Revolut)
Nikolay Storonsky, CEO, (pictured above) said: “We’re delighted to bring instant messaging to our customers, moving us one step closer to being a global financial superapp. We listened to our customers who said they wanted to be able to discuss and clarify payment details within the app, rather than having to swap between Revolut and different messaging apps to send or receive funds.”
Revolut is the first banking app to launch messaging in the EEA and the first payments app to launch the feature in the UK.
Revolut Chat feature
How it works:
- Enter the ‘Transfer’ section in the app.
- The chat window will open right after tapping on one of the contacts.
- The chat will be embedded in the ‘Transfer’ feature – so there’s no need to open multiple windows.
- Sending a message – start typing and tap on the blue arrow icon.
- Once a chat message is sent, a notification will pop-up on one of the contacts.
- The chat function is not available for <18 users.
- The chat feature can only be used between users who both have UK or EEA accounts, and have their phone number or have payment history.
- Customers will need to have the 8.72 update or later for their Revolut app on iOS or Android.
“The new chat feature supports our customers with their fast, low-cost money transfers using Revolut,” added Storonsky.
Related Story: Revolut Expands Its UK Crypto List, Adds 22 New Cryptos
Latest Alternative Investment News
Einride, the Swedish electric self-driving truck start-up, announced a raise of $500 million comprising an equity-based $200 million Series C portion from investors including Northzone, EQT Ventures, Temasek, Swedish pension…
Pedro Arnt, CFO at Latin American e-commerce retailer and fintech firm MercadoLibre (NASDAQ: MELI) is in discussions with Meta (NASDAQ: META) to process payments in Brazil on the latter’s WhatsApp…
Dimensional Fund Advisors has added a real estate ETF to its ETF line-up. The Dimensional Global Real Estate ETF offers investors the opportunity to invest in a variety of US…
Runway ML, the company behind text-to-image AI system Stable Diffusion, is hosting a festival of short films made using AI. Films with a runtime of between one and 10 minutes…