FinTech: Revolut Integrates Encrypted Chat Feature In Its Global Financial Superapp
Customers in the UK and EEA can now chat as well as share gifs and stickers whilst sending and requesting funds to and from other customers.
Revolut has incorporated a messaging facility into its superapp, following a recent UK and European survey of 8,000 people that said two thirds of people (67.5%) find it difficult to discuss money. The chat feature is end-to-end encrypted to ensure security. (Revolut)
Nikolay Storonsky, CEO, (pictured above) said: “We’re delighted to bring instant messaging to our customers, moving us one step closer to being a global financial superapp. We listened to our customers who said they wanted to be able to discuss and clarify payment details within the app, rather than having to swap between Revolut and different messaging apps to send or receive funds.”
Revolut is the first banking app to launch messaging in the EEA and the first payments app to launch the feature in the UK.
Revolut Chat feature
How it works:
- Enter the ‘Transfer’ section in the app.
- The chat window will open right after tapping on one of the contacts.
- The chat will be embedded in the ‘Transfer’ feature – so there’s no need to open multiple windows.
- Sending a message – start typing and tap on the blue arrow icon.
- Once a chat message is sent, a notification will pop-up on one of the contacts.
- The chat function is not available for <18 users.
- The chat feature can only be used between users who both have UK or EEA accounts, and have their phone number or have payment history.
- Customers will need to have the 8.72 update or later for their Revolut app on iOS or Android.
“The new chat feature supports our customers with their fast, low-cost money transfers using Revolut,” added Storonsky.
Related Story: Revolut Expands Its UK Crypto List, Adds 22 New Cryptos
Latest Alternative Investment News
Pluto, a prominent provider of financial corporate spend management solutions in the UAE, has forged a strategic alliance with Mastercard (NYSE: MA), the global technology giant in the payments sector….
Alternative Investments/Real Estate: Alternative Investing Platform Yieldstreet Acquires Real-Estate Focused Cadre
Yieldstreet, a prominent private market investment platform, has officially announced its acquisition of Cadre, an online real estate-focused investment platform catering to institutional and high net worth investors. This strategic…
Ursa Major Technologies recently closed its Series D and D-1 funding rounds, securing a substantial $138 million investment led by Explorer 1 Fund and Eclipse, with participation from RTX Ventures,…
Artificial Intelligence: Saudi Venture Fund Forced To Sell Shares In Altman-Backed Chip Startup Rain AI
The Biden administration has compelled Saudi Aramco (TADAWUL: 2222)-backed venture capital firm, Prosperity7, to divest its shares from Rain Neuromorphics, a Silicon Valley AI chip startup supported by Sam Altman,…