The McGillivray Group Ties Up With Canadian REIT District Property Trust

November 7, 2019 | News, Real Estate
https://dailyalts.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/house-2469110_1920-mcgilliviray-reit.jpg

Real Estate Expert Scott McGillivray & the McGillivray Group will provide expertise on acquisitions and growth to District Property Trust.

Scott McGillivray and District Property Trust, a private real estate investment trust (District REIT), have tied up.  Scott is an expert real estate investor who owns hundreds of properties across North America. He is CEO of McGillivray Group, a real estate developer. He is also the host and executive producer of HGTV’s award-winning series Income Property. District Property Trust is a private real estate investment trust (District REIT) with an acquisition focus on growing communities in Ontario, Canada. It is closely affiliated with the Valour Group, which owns and/or manages $350 million of real estate assets.

District REIT invests in stabilized, diversified income-producing real estate assets. Further, it generates stable monthly cash distributions and seeks long-term capital appreciation. Recently, Scott Mcgillivray has expanded his business real estate reach into the areas of multi-use and multi-residential development projects.

Meanwhile, District REIT is currently distributing a tax-advantaged 8% per annum and has capital growth potential with a target of 3-5% per year. The combined target annual return is 11-13%.

However, investors need to invest a minimum of $10,000.

The tie-up

The McGillivray Group, led by CEO Scott McGillivray, will serve on the executive committee of District REIT.

Therefore, McGillivray Group’s strategy will be handy in District REIT’s plans to democratize the ownership of newly-developed, purpose-built income properties. Individual and everyday investors can now invest in such properties. Further, they need not bother with the hassles of traditional property ownership.

District’s acquisition plans

District REIT will apply fund inflows towards the purchase of several properties in its pipeline that will diversify its portfolio. These properties will also contribute to the Group’s cash flow, and therefore income distributions. McGillivray’s expertise will help District REIT in these transactions.

[Related Story: REIT Industry Shows Growth in Acquisitions ]

Free Industry News

Subscribe to our free newsletter for updates and news about alternatives investments.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.


Shape

Latest Alternative Investment News

https://dailyalts.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/Bink-app-shot.png
FinTech: Lloyds To Acquire Stake In Loyalty App Bink
January 4, 2022     FinTech, News

Lloyds Banking Group (LON: LLOY), Britain’s biggest mortgage provider, will acquire a minority stake in loyalty app Bink, according to a report by Sky News for an undisclosed amount that…

https://dailyalts.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/Screenshot-2022-01-04-at-22-29-49-Screenshot-Pawson-2.png
Digital Assets: Coinbase CEO Armstrong Said To Have Splurged $133M On Home In LA
January 4, 2022     Digital Assets, News, Real Estate

An iconic property in Bel Air, Los Angeles, designed by internationally acclaimed English architect John Pawson changed hands last month for $133 million and the buyer was Coinbase (NASDAQ: COIN)…

https://dailyalts.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/47752022922_e4569a2f0e_c.jpg
Alternative Investments/ESG: VegTech Invest Launches Plant-Based Innovation & Climate ETF

VegTech Invest advisory has launched the VegTech Plant-based Innovation & Climate ETF (Ticker: EATV), its first financial product. The ETF offers exposure to publicly traded companies actively innovating with plants…

https://dailyalts.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/Screenshot-2022-01-04-at-18-48-26-超·世界.png
Venture Capital: Chinese AI Startup Parametrix Raises $100M, Turns Unicorn
January 4, 2022     Artificial Intelligence, News, Venture Capital

Chinese AI company Parametrix.ai has raised $100 million in a Series B round led by Sequoia China and joined by existing investors 5Y Capital and Gaorong Capital. Though the valuation…