Artificial Intelligence: Xiaomi Unveils A 177 Cm Tall Humanoid Robot That Can Walk Holding 1.5 Kg In One Hand
The robot, named CyberOne, was launched in Beijing on August 11.
Xiaomi’s (HKG: 1810) choice of launch date of CyberOne was strategically a day ahead of Tesla’s (NASDAQ: TSLA) AI Day. Xiaomi Group Founder, Chairman, and CEO Lei Jun shared details of the robot in a blog on Thursday.
CyberOne humanoid robot
CyberOne debuts after last year’s Cyberdog, a quadruped in Xiaomi’s Cyber series. Lei Jun said the humanoid had the following features:
· Advanced arms and legs
· Supports bipedal-motion posture balancing
· Reaches a peak torque of up to 300Nm
· Ability to detect human emotion
· Advanced vision capabilities
· Functionality allowing it to create three-dimensional virtual reconstructions of the real world
· 177cm in height and 52kg by weight, with an arm span of 168cm
· Supports up to 21 degrees of freedom in motion
· Achieves a real-time response speed of 0.5ms for each degree of freedom, allowing it to fully simulate human movements
· Joint motors are key as they generate kinetic energy to power the robot’s movement. For CyberOne’s upper limb joint, Xiaomi has developed a high-efficiency motor weighing only 500g with a rated output torque of up to 30Nm
· The hip joint motor is similarly capable of an instantaneous peak torque of up to 300Nm
· CyberOne is capable of holding up to 1.5kg in weight with a single hand
· Xiaomi’s self-developed humanoid bipedal control algorithm ensures CyberOne’s walking posture is both natural and stable
· The Mi-Sense depth vision module, combined with an AI interaction algorithm, makes CyberOne capable of perceiving 3D space, as well as recognizing individuals, gestures, and expressions, allowing it to not only see but to process its environment
· Equipped with a self-developed MiAI environment semantics recognition engine and a MiAI vocal emotion identification engine, enabling it to recognize 85 types of environmental sounds and 45 classifications of human emotion
· CyberOne’s processing units are paired with a curved OLED module to display real-time interactive information
“With AI at its core and a full-size humanoid frame as its vessel, this is an exploration of possibilities of Xiaomi’s future technological ecosystem and a new breakthrough for the company,” said Lei Jun.
Related Story: Artificial Intelligence: At Its First AI Day, Tesla Unveils A Humanoid Robot
Latest Alternative Investment News
Digital Assets: Tether Invests In CityPay, A Georgian Payments Processor
Tether Operations Limited (Tether), the company behind the widely used stablecoin USDT, has announced an increased presence in Georgia with an investment in CityPay.io, a payment processing company operating in…
Venture Capital: Carbon Removal Platform CUR8 Scores £5.3M (US$6.6M) Pre-Seed Funding
CUR8 is a company founded by Marta Krupinska, Dr Gabrielle Walker, and Mark Stevenson, with the aim of becoming the market maker for carbon removals. The company recognizes the importance…
FinTech: Saudi Central Bank (SAMA) Boosts FinTech, Issues BNPL Licenses
The Central Bank of Saudi Arabia, known as SAMA, has granted Riyadh start-up Madfu and Spotii, which is owned by Zip, licenses to offer Buy Now Pay Later (BNPL) services….
Artificial Intelligence: Tech Luminaries Issue Letter Warning Of Extinction Risk From AI
Prominent computer scientists and tech CEOs have issued a warning about the potential “risk of extinction” posed by artificial intelligence (AI). They stress the importance of addressing this risk globally,…